Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Clifford Ancestry Notes Part 1 - Jonathon Clifford and Sarah Pierce

I've finished updating my research with information from "Clifford Ancestry", compiled by my great uncle Dick. The back of the book contains several pages of notes on the research, and I thought I'd reproduce them here.

"We have been unable to discover any record of their marriage, but the fact of the marriage is roved by a combination of family tradition, a short biography of Jonathon in the History of Plymouth, New Hampshire, and a quit-claim deed in the land records of Barnet, VT (in the Vermont Archives in Montpelier). The quit-claim deed also proves Sarah's parentage.

According to family tradition, some of Jonathon's sons walked to Indiana and entered land in Fayette County; then the parents and younger children joined them. Jonathan and Sarah are buried in Fairview Cemetery in Rush County, just west of the Fayette County line."

No comments:

Post a Comment