Here is an examination of the rest of the Forkner / Clifford branches presence in the state of Indiana.
Family #7 - The Showalters and Farmers who married into the Hollingsworth Family
9. Abraham Showalter was born in 1778, married in 1802 and died in 1869. I don’t have locations for these events, but he lived in Franklin County, Virginia and Henry County, Indiana.
8. Abraham and his wife Frances had a daughter named Mary who was born in 1802 and probably lived in Indiana, considering that her father, husband and son all resided in that state.
8. John Farmer was born in 1794 and married in 1820. He resided in Franklin County, Virginia and Wayne County, Indiana.
7. John and Mary had a son, Isaiah, who was born in 1825, married in 1844 and died in 1853. I do not have locations for any of these events, but I do know that he resided in Henry and Madison counties in Indiana.
6. Mary Ellen Farmer was Isaiah’s daughter with his wife, Elizabeth Fifer. She was born in 1850 and died in 1928 in Madison County, Indiana. She resided in Anderson, Indiana.
Family #8 - The Fifers who married into the Farmer family
8. John Fifer was born in 1784 and married in 1808. He died in Indiana.
7. His daughter Elizabeth married Isaiah Farmer. She was born in 1816 and died in 1892. It is probable that she lived in Indiana since her husband did and since her father died in that state.
Family #9 - The Forkners
8. Isaac Forkner was born in 1775 in Surry County, North Carolina. He married Mourning Moura Lawrence in Grayson Virginia in 1797 and died in 1863 in Wayne County, Indiana.
7. Isaac and Mourning had a son, Jesse, who was born in 1798 in Surry County, North Carolina. He married Hannah Cornelious in 1817 in Virginia and died in 1844 in Madison County, Indiana.
6. Jesse’s son Samuel was the first Forkner born in Indiana. He was born in 1821 in Henry County, Indiana. He married in 1844 to Elizabeth McShirley (his first marriage) and died in 1872 in Madison County, Indiana.
5. Elizabeth and Samuel had a son they named Martin Luther. He was born in 1850 in Madison County, Indiana. His second marriage was to Victoria Belle Sharpe and they wed in 1891 in Anderson Indiana. Martin died in 1937 in Anderson.
4. Martin and Victoria had a son they named Samuel Ray. He was born in Anderson Indiana in 1892. He died in 1956 in Anderson Indiana. He was my great great grandfather.
Family #10 - The Cornelious', who married into the Forkner family
7. His daughter Hannah was born in 1800 in Indiana. I’ve also seen Pennsylvania as a birth place for her, but find Indiana more believable since that is where her father was born. She died in 1853 in Madison County, Indiana. She married Jesse Forkner.
Family #11 - The McShirleys married into the Forkners
6. Elizabeth McShirley was born in Macon County, Kentucky in 1825 and died in 1858 in Henry County, Indiana. She married Samuel Forkner.
Family #12 - The Sharps, who married into the Forkner family
6. Samuel Sharpe was born in 1832 in Rush County Indiana
6. Malinda Heflin was also born in Rush County, Indiana, but she was born in 1836.
5. Their daughter Victoria Belle was born in 1858 in Rush County, Indiana and died in 1918 in Anderson Indiana. She married Martin Luther Forkner.