Monday, July 22, 2013

Gravestones 21 thru 28, West Maplewood Cemetery, Anderson, IN


 
Daisy (nee Hollingsworth) Clifford, my great great grandmother on the Forkner-Clifford line. West Maplewood.
 
Hadley Clifford, my great great grandfather on the Forkner-Clifford line. West Maplewood.
 
Hannah (nee Irish) wife of Alfred Makepeace, my 4th great grandmother on the Forkner-Clifford line. West Maplewood.
 
Letitia (nee Makepeace) Clifford, my third great grandmother on the Forkner-Clifford line. West Maplewood.
 
Lieut. Emery Clifford, my third great grandfather on the Forkner-Clifford line. West Maplewood.

He served in the Civil War, in Company G of the 17th Indiana Infantry. From my research, it looks like he was promoted twice (sergeant to 2nd lieutenant to 1st lieutenant) and he served for several years. The 17th was part of Wilder's Lightning Brigade. As I'm sure you can imagine, I was beyond happy to find a Civil War veteran in my family tree!
 
Mary (nee Sangston) wife of Isaac Clifford, my 4th great grandmother on the Forkner-Clifford line. West Maplewood.
 
George and Sallie Groff, my great great grandparents on the Cookman-Groff side. West Maplewood. Sallie's name was Sarah Elizabeth Dobell, but they called her Sallie.
 
Minter Bailey and Sarah Jane (nee Meade) Cookman, my great great grandparents. West Maplewood Cemetery, Anderson, IN. Minter is pretty much the farthest back I've found on the Cookman line.

No comments:

Post a Comment