Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fearless Females March 24 - Shared Traits

March 24 — Do you share any physical resemblance or personality trait with one of your female ancestors? Who? What is it?

This question just makes me giggle. If you saw the women at one of the Powers family reunions, you would understand why. Because we ALL look alike. I’m not exaggerating, we do. I resemble my grandma Jenny to a great extent – same nose, same hair, similar body shape (thin, small breasts, big hips and thighs, tiny very high waist) and we have similar personalities – stubborn, opinionated, etc. The high small waist and larger hips and thighs is very predominate in my family. Even if we aren’t thin anymore, we keep a tiny waist when compared to the rest of our bodies. High cheekbones are also common (I frequently bemoan my ‘chipmunk cheeks’ in pictures where I am smiling).

Example: This is me and my mom's first cousin Carrie. See how much we look alike? We've even had non-relatives tell us we looked like sisters.

So yes, I do share physical resemblance to several of my female ancestors and current relatives. Because we all look alike. Its rather scary actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment